Balance Fitness and Nutrition is a nutrition counseling + consulting business based in Alpharetta, Georgia.
We are most proud of what makes us different.
- Over 25 years of combined experience working in the wellness industry.
- A team of registered dietitians, specializing in different areas of nutrition. We meet regularly as a team to consult on client cases. This means that even though you may be working with just one of us, you get the benefit of multiple dietitians working on your case.
- We are well established in the Atlanta area and have a close network of physicians we work with on a regular basis. This is really nice for our local clients that need referrals for labs or additional consulting on cases.
- We’ve been offering LEAP/MRT food sensitivity testing since 2013! We’ve helped change the lives of hundreds of people using the LEAP/MRT dietary protocol.
- In office and virtual appointments are available.
- Our approach to health and wellness is holistic. Whether we are working with an individual or consulting for a large corporation, we are passionate about utilizing the principles of functional nutrition to help our clients achieve optimal wellness.
Meet the Team
American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist
Jenny is a registered and licensed dietitian. She holds a Masters of Science in Nutrition from Georgia State University, and a Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology (the study of movement) from James Madison University. Additionally, Jenny is an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist.
Jenny is an active member of many professional organizations including the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the Greater Atlanta Dietetic Association. Additionally, Jenny is past Vice President of the Georgia Dietetic Foundation.
Jenny has worked in the health and wellness industry since 2006. During this time, she has helped hundreds of clients improve their well-being through diet and exercise. Jenny is passionate about improving the health of others by helping them get to the root of their health issues. This passion has led her to pursue further training in the area of Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy.
Jenny has lived in the Atlanta area since 2008. When she is not working, you can find her in her garden, doing yoga, running, or spending time with her growing family, friends and beloved Dalmatian.
Contract Manager/Registered Dietitian
Carrie Claiborne is a mother of two and recent graduate of Life University’s Dietetic Internship program. Carrie’s role at Balance Fitness and Nutrition includes handling contract and consulting work outside of the office. Carrie’s responsibilities include nutritional assessments in group homes and educational lunch and learns in various settings.
Her hobbies include family and food photography and cooking foods with Asian or Latin influences. She loves listening to podcasts such as Gastropod, which gives the history and science behind foods.
Virtual Office Manager/Registered Dietitian
Taylor is a registered and licensed dietitian who uses a holistic approach when it comes to helping clients improve their health. Taylor’s holistic dietetic approach developed from her own struggle to become healthy. In her early twenties, she found herself trying and failing to follow the “move more, eat less approach.” She felt defeated and that something was wrong with her when she didn’t feel or look better following the low fat and low calorie diets.
Only after discovering undiagnosed food sensitivities and Candida overgrowth was she able to finally heal her gut and in turn settle at a healthy weight by eating REAL foods. Taylor knows that being healthy is not just about food! Her approach includes diving into your sleep habits, movement patterns, and social support. Taylor’s goal is to make it easier for you to overcome barriers to reach your goals and become happy, healthy and strong in your body!
Taylor’s favorite part of counseling clients at Balance Fitness and Nutrition is being an investigator, helping you to identify the root cause of your disease, imbalance or weight gain. Taylor’s authentic and enthusiastic approach coupled with a focus on sustainability will help you build lifestyle transitions and experience long-term results. You don’t have to go through this journey alone, Taylor has been in your shoes and is ready to help you get to your best self!
Taylor works with clients via phone or virtually, using our HIPPA compliant video conferencing system.