This simple recipe only has five ingredients and can be used multiple ways. Whether you are making dinner, need a good sandwich spread, or just need something nice to bring to a holiday party, this recipe will work! Oh and the best part….it’s healthy.
Here’s a list of ideas for getting the most out of your Apple Chutney:
- Serve with pork, chicken, or salmon for a simple and festive dinner
- Serve as an addition to a cheese and meat platter
- Puree it and use it as a glaze on a winter squash (think hard outer shells – butternut squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash)
- Make a sweet dip by adding it to Greek yogurt
- Add it to a sandwich
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (white, or apple cider)
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- ¼-½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in medium sauce pan.
- Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to low simmer, and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding 1 tablespoon of water as needed.
- Partially mash with fork when cooking is complete.