Need a simple and healthy side during this hectic back to school season? Here is a nutritious recipe you can get in the oven in under 10 minutes!
Roasting fresh asparagus enhances the flavor and keeps it crispy. This nutritious and delicious vegetable is loaded with Vitamins A, B, C and iron. This dish works great as an appetizer at lunch or dinner, or as a side dish for grilled chicken, fish, or tofu.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (medium width)
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seed oil or almond oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse asparagus and break off tough ends.
- Place asparagus in a shallow roasting pan and coat with oil. Sprinkle with garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast uncovered for 8-10 minutes (depending on thickness of of spears), shaking pan occasionally. Serve with lemon wedges.